Study MBBS In Malaysia Medical Degree 2021
MBBS in Malaysia is the best option if you are an Indian student seeking to study MBBS in Malaysia. The country lies very close to India and the visa procedures for education and the parents to visit the students are very easy. This can be solved and recovered only by the esteemed professionals in the field of Medicine. Malaysia is the best place to study MBBS in Malaysia with Clinical and non-clinical experience.
There are many reasons for a student to choose Malaysia. Malaysia is a country where you can reach from India within 4.5hours duration and you can reach the university in another 30 to 45 minutes from the airport.
The duration for the MBBS in Malaysia is 5 years. We have the MBBS program offered in many countries but pursuing it in Malaysia gives you a better experience in life. The MBBS program in Malaysia gives the students a comprehensive and integrated education which makes them feel united irrespective of diversities. READ MORE
Why Study Medicine / MBBS in Malaysia
Malaysia is a country with more diversity such as religions, regions, cultures, etc, yet it retains the stability and peaceful environment for students from all over the world. The Malaysian people are humble and the Malaysian country is found harmonious when compared to other countries as there is no war or conflict.
Hence, students from various countries like India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Maldives, Bangladesh, and Middle Eastern countries, etc choose Malaysia to pursue their MBBS program in a peaceful environment provided by Malaysian Medical Universities.
The Fees of pursuing MBBS in Malaysia is affordable to students from all over the world. This makes the students get into their dream of studying MBBS very easily with low expenses. And studying medicine in Malaysia will make the students get a high qualified degree.
One of the problems faced by the students to study MBBS is paying high tuition fees in their respective countries. In some of the countries like India, to get an MBBS seat in a reputed medical college requires high donation.
This issue can be resolved by getting admission in Malaysia, as the donations are not taken up by Malaysian Medical Universities to study Medicine courses.
Fees Structure of MBBS in Malaysia For Indian Students
Indian students 2021 now more cost-friendly than any other country. we don’t see much traffic for it. Most of the students prefer not studying MBBS from Malaysia because of various reasons but the biggest roadblock is the fee structure. One can expect to shed between INR 70 lakh to 1.25 crores for the full MBBS program in Malaysia fee structure for Indian students.
The medical colleges in Malaysia are good and better to get a proper education in medicine and surgery. MBBS in Malaysia cost with affordable packages. The Fee Structure for the entire course program starts at RM300,000 ($72,294) – RM650,000 ($156,646) including food, tuition fees also for the accommodation. Universities in Malaysia offer quality education at affordable fees.
MBBS in Malaysia for Indian Students & International Students
The MBBS curriculum followed by Malaysian universities is almost similar to the US curriculum where the students can easily pass the USMLE and MCI examination after their Education. Almost 40% of Malaysians speak the Tamil language which is another reason where a large number of students prefer to study MBBS in Malaysia especially from Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
it is a wise choice for Indian students to study in Malaysia. Malaysia is a Southeast Asian Country which is a small but very beautiful country. Mostly Indians are working or studying in Malaysia. It shares a boundary with Singapore, Vietnam & Indonesia. Kuala Lumpur is the capital of Malaysia and the largest city also.
Study MBBS in Malaysia for international students
If that interests you and you want to learn more about the prospects of an MBBS course in Malaysia for international students, then continue reading. In this blog by AdmissionCounsellors.com, we will learn about Malaysia, MBBS from Malaysia, MBBS course in Malaysia, medical fees in Malaysia, hostel facility in medical colleges of Malaysia, and so on with the aim to help novice students have a clear idea about the MBBS program in Malaysia.
List of Medical Universities approved by MCI in Malaysia 2021
- Taylors University
- Asia Metropolitan University
- International Medical University
- Cyberjaya University College of Medical Sciences
- AIMST University
- MAHSA university
- Lincoln University
- Management and Science University, Shah Alam Campus
- Newcastle University of Medicine
- SEGI University
- Quest International University ( Perak)
- University of Malaya
- University Sains
- Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Science ( Monash University)
MBBS in Malaysia Fees For International Students
Malaysia is no stranger to Indians as it is the nearest and slightly cheaper country in which Indians can explore the “foreign”, so to speak. Studying Medicine in Malaysia cost would be from INR 70Lakhs – 1.5Crore overall inclusive of tuition fees, food, accommodation, etc for 5 Years.
MBBS in Malaysia costs with affordable packages. The Fees for the entire course program starts at RM300,000 ($72,294) – RM650,000 ($156,646) including food, tuition fees also for the accommodation. Universities in Malaysia offer quality education at affordable fees.
MBBS in Malaysia is a 5 years course where the students can achieve their graduation degree in the field of medicine. The first duration of 2 years, they focus on preclinical which widely covers the fundamentals of medical sciences like Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Pathology, and Biochemistry.
Malaysia is a beautiful country in Southeast Asia, lying just north of the Equator. Every region of this nation has its own characteristic, making it the perfect destination be it living, studying or travelling. The country has 2 official languages, Malay and Malaysian. Malaysia is proud to be a multi-racial country living together peacefully.
FIELDS OF MEDICINE
Medicine is multidisciplinary and covers a wide range of fields. Students must know all the fields but will be allowed to later specialize in one particular field. The following is an inexhaustive list of examples:
|Anesthesiology||Total care of the patient before, during, and after surgery. This involves the patient’s pain management, resuscitation, and intensive care.|
|Cardiology||Deals with disorders and abnormalities of the heart and circulatory system.|
|Emergency Medicine||Cares for patients with illnesses or injuries that required immediate medical attention to prevent death or permanent disabilities.|
|Neurology||Deals with disorders that affect the brain, spinal cord, and nerves.|
|Obstetrics & Gynecology||Cares for the health of the female reproductive organs and the management of pregnancy.|
|Orthopedics||Correction of impairments of the skeletal system which includes the spinal structures, muscles, and ligaments.|
|Pathology||The causes and effects of diseases including laboratory examination, diagnosis, and forensic.|
|Pediatrics||The medical care of infants, children, and adolescents.|
|Psychiatry||Deals with the disorders of the mind, emotion, and behavior.|
|Surgery||The use of instrumental techniques to investigate and treat diseases and injuries, and repair bodily functions from damage.|
The medical colleges in Malaysia provide the students with effective education in the medical system. The medical universities and colleges are individually recognized by various medical councils like the Medical Council of India (MCI), the World Health Organisation (WHO), and Bangladesh Medical Council, Pakistan Medical Council, Srilanka Medical Council (SMC). And overall the MBBS degree from Malaysia is recognized throughout the world since they are listed in the World Medical Directory.
Study in Malaysia Eligibility Condition
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)
|Qualifying Entrance||NEET (Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET Card Holder)|
|Medium of Teaching||English/ Malaysian|
|Duration of Course||5 Years|
International Baccalaureate (IB): 30 points with a minimum of 2 Science subjects/ Mathematics at Higher Level (HL) & 1 Science subject at Standard Level (SL) & minimum score of 4 each in Biology & Chemistry & Physics/Mathematics
Indian Pre-University: Average of 70% in any 3 subjects (Biology & Chemistry & & Physics/Mathematics)
STPM/A-Levels: Grades BBB, ABC or AAC in 3 subjects (Biology & Chemistry & Physics/Mathematics)
English Proficiency (Minimum): Band 4 in MUET (Local Candidates)/Band 6 in IELTS/550 in TOEFL (International Candidates)
Application Process and Document Required for MBBS in Malaysia for Indian Students
The following documents are to be carried before taking admission in Malaysian Medical Colleges.
- Passport (Minimum 12 month validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- Passport size Photographs
- The official invitation letter from the Medical University of Malaysia.
- All the documents with authorization from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- All the Documents with legalization from the Malaysian Embassy.
- Visa and Application fees
- The bank receipt of the 1st year Tuition fee of the University.
The Admission procedure for studying MBBS in Malaysia is very simple, basic, and direct. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection. Please do follow the steps given below:
- Fill the application form of the desired institute with all the correct details.
- An offer letter will be given and preserve it for future use.
- Pay the expense for the enrolment at University/College.
- Apply for the visa, after the payment is done to your required medical college in Malaysia.
- Get a Visa for studying MBBS in Malaysia.
- Finally, book a flight to Malaysia and the process gets over.
LIST OF TOP MCI APPROVED MALAYSIAN MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES FOR MBBS IN MALAYSIA
- AIMST University, Malaysia
- Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Cyberjaya University College of Medical Sciences
- Jeffrey Cheah Monash University
- Lincoln University College, Malaysia
- Mahsa University, Malaysia
- Management & Science University, Shah Alam Campus
- Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia
- Perdana University, Malaysia
- Quest International University, Perak
- SEGI University, Malaysia
- Taylors University, Malaysia
- University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur
- Asia Metropolitan University
- International Medical University, Malaysia
OPPORTUNITIES AFTER MBBS ABROAD IN MALAYSIA
MBBS in Abroad is an extraordinary vocation decision as it gives numerous alternatives to understudies moving on from these Universities. After MBBS from abroad, an understudy will have the accompanying alternatives:
Choice 1: The most taken alternative is to return to India and show up for FMGE or the MCI Screening Test as it is regularly known as. Plan for this test, clear this test and get the enrollment number from the MCI for clinical practice in India.
Choice 2: After finishing your degree in abroad, you can investigate the open doors in that nation itself and go for PG likewise, and settle in that nation. You can likewise search for work in different nations.
Alternative 3: While examining, you can apply for USMLE Step 1 on the off chance that you need to settle down or practice in the US. USMLE has 3 stages and the individuals who clear all the 3 stages and get Permanent Registration from the clinical committee of the USA can rehearse there. PLAB, which is the permitting test of the UK is another famous selection of understudies. Understudies can likewise go for PG in Australia, Canada, and New Zealand.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING MBBS IN MALAYSIA
- International Recognised curriculum
- The medium of instruction is English
- Early clinical and hospital exposureWell trained faculty with super specialties like Radiology, Forensic medicine, Gynecology etc
- No additional entrance test for admission
- Selection based on pre-university/ Higher secondary school certificate with Interview
- The greater advantage is that they teach the students in the USMLE/ PLAB/ FMGE style by which the students are benefitted.
- An authorized medical degree will be given to the students upon their graduation
- Most of the MBBS Colleges are recognized by the World Health Organisation (WHO), Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research(FAIMER), etc.
- Mentor guidance is given for the students from the faculty education
- Students from India studying medicine in Malaysia are made eligible to appear for the screening test and other medical examinations conducted by MCI (FMGE)
- Affordable tuition fee
- Malaysia offers a harmonious environment and so the students experience a peaceful life.
- The weather condition is adaptable to the students from all over the country ensuring swift adaptation and reduces the psychological issues
- The living cost is low in Malaysia and homely friendly
- Multi cuisines food is available like Indian, Chinese, Indonesian, Pakistani, Arabian, Western food, etc
- A Politically stable and safe country
- Narcotics / Drugs is always serious and committed to crime
- Malaysia/Kuala Lumpur is a safe place for women traveling alone