MBBS in Mauritius provides an excellent education in the field of medicine. So, achieving MBBS medical degree abroad gives confidence and easy adaptation for the students. Mauritius is a famous country with well-equipped technology for MBBS medical degree 2021.
MBBS in Mauritius constantly increases the number of students becoming doctors by motivating them and making them successful doctors. Medical Degree in Mauritius has become one of the very popular destinations for Indian students who are looking for quality education studies in the medical field and also want to study in a culture very similar to India.
It is the popular destination for chasing the MBBS program for Indian students. Most of the students travel towards Mauritius to pursue MBBS because of the wonderful facilities and environment.
So, this makes Mauritius gain students to study MBBS in that country. MBBS study in Mauritius is suitable for many students who aspire to become a doctor or other medical professionalist at low expense. While studying Medical degree in Mauritius, you never feel like out of India.
Why Study Medicine & MBBS in Mauritius
Mauritius is a country with wonderful natural resources. The surrounding environment helps people to gain a new lifestyle with easy adaptation. So this feature of Mauritius Medical Universities attracts many students to get their MBBS in Mauritius.
The education is of high-quality offered by the Mauritius Medical Universities at an affordable cost.
This opportunity is useful for students aiming to become a doctor. It is easy to get admission to the medical colleges of Mauritius and no entrance test is conducted for it. Indian professors and other faculty members are working in medical colleges with years of experience.
They approach the students with a proper ratio of 7:1 which helps them acquire excellent knowledge and skill in their specialized subjects. Their coaching makes the students clear the MCI screening test easily.
The people in Mauritius speak multi-languages like Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Hindi, English which helps them to mingle with the people around there.
The medium of instruction is English which benefits the students for their MBBS education.
Students are given enough training along with the duration of their MBBS program which creates a real-life experience in serving the people in the hospitals. So, MBBS in Mauritius gives rise to esteemed doctors to the world.
Fees Structure of MBBS in Mauritius For Indian & International Students
Mauritius offers the medical course program at low expenses and so produces more valuable doctors to the world.
Fees structure of MBBS university in Mauritius
The fee structure of the MBBS program in Mauritius is very less when compared to countries all over the world. An Average fee paid to the MBBS in Mauritius is approximately Package 43 Lac for the 2020 intake MBBS course.
SSR Medical College Mauritius fees 2020
|SSR Medical College Fee Structure
||Per year (USD)
||Total in USD for 5 years
|Registration Fee (Non-refundable)
|Registration Fee for Hostel (Non-refundable)
Total in Rupees – USD 66,000 x 75 = 47.50 lakh.
- Flight travel charges will be extra.
- The examination fee of USD 100 per subject will be payable in addition to the Tuition fee.
- If the student pays the entire fees upfront, then the student will get a discount of USD 8,000 or 20%.
Anna medical college mauritius fee structure
|Anna Medical College Fee Structure
||Per year (MUR)
||Total for 5 years
Total in Rupees = 25,70,000 x 1.90 = ₹49 lakh
- The above fee is inclusive of Exam & Affiliation Fees, Registration Charges, Lab & ICT Charges.
- Caution Money (Refundable) of MUR 100,000/- will be payable at the time of admission. The Caution Money will be refunded after clearance of all dues, if any, to the College on completion of the course.
- It is mandatory to stay in one of the hostels for their first year unless the student is given exceptional permission at the institution’s sole discretion
- Flight travel costs will be extra.
- A Financial Agreement will be entered by the university with each student regarding the payment plan of all fees, at the time of admission.
The duration of the MBBS course program in Mauritius is 6 years. The clinical study of 5 years improves the student’s medical knowledge and 1 year of internship training helps them to treat the patients with proper care.
So, MBBS in Mauritius evolves renowned and talented doctors to serve across the globe.
FIELDS OF MEDICINE
Medicine is multidisciplinary and covers a wide range of fields. Students must know all the fields but will be allowed to later specialize in one particular field. The following is an inexhaustive list of examples:
|| Total care of the patient before, during, and after surgery. This involves the patient’s pain management, resuscitation, and intensive care.
||Deals with disorders and abnormalities of the heart and circulatory system.
||Cares for patients with illnesses or injuries that required immediate medical attention to prevent death or permanent disabilities.
||Deals with disorders that affect the brain, spinal cord, and nerves.
|Obstetrics & Gynecology
||Cares for the health of the female reproductive organs and the management of pregnancy.
||Correction of impairments of the skeletal system which includes the spinal structures, muscles, and ligaments.
||The causes and effects of diseases including laboratory examination, diagnosis, and forensic.
||The medical care of infants, children, and adolescents.
||Deals with the disorders of the mind, emotion, and behavior.
||The use of instrumental techniques to investigate and treat diseases and injuries, and repair bodily functions from damage.
MBBS in Mauritius is approved by the following international agencies
- World Health Organization(WHO)
- Medical Council of India(MCI)
- Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates(ECFMG)
- South African Qualification Authority (SQAQ)
- Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research(FAIMER)
- Tertiary Education Commission Mauritius(TEC)
- International Medical Education Directory(IMED)
- Membership of Royal College of Physicians(MRCP)
- The United States Medical Licensing Examination(USMLE)
- Licentiate of the Medical College of Canada(LMCC)
- Global Alliance for Medical Education(GAME)
- Entry Requirements
- Application Process
|1st Year Subjects
||2nd Year Subjects
||3rd Year Subjects
||4th Year Subjects
||5th Year Subjects
|Basic Mechanisms Of Diseases
||Epidemiology And Biostatistics
|Genetics, Immunology And Molecular Medicine
||Gastro-Intestinal System And Nutrition
||Obstetrics & Gynaecology Posting
||Primary Care Posting
||Obstetrics And Gynaecology Posting
||Primary Care Medicine Posting
||Anaesthesia, Emergency Medicine, Critical And Palliative Care Medicine
||Endocrine And Metabolism
||Community Health Posting
||Ophthalmolgy, And Otorhinolaryngology
MBBS in Mauritius Eligibility & requirements for Indian Students?
International Baccalaureate (IB): 30 points with a minimum of 2 Science subjects/ Mathematics at Higher Level (HL) & 1 Science subject at Standard Level (SL) & minimum score of 4 each in Biology & Chemistry & Physics/Mathematics
Indian Pre-University: Average of 70% in any 3 subjects (Biology & Chemistry & & Physics/Mathematics)
STPM/A-Levels: Grades BBB, ABC or AAC in 3 subjects (Biology & Chemistry & Physics/Mathematics)
English Proficiency (Minimum): Band 4 in MUET (Local Candidates)/Band 6 in IELTS/550 in TOEFL (International Candidates)
Getting in one of the colleges for MBBS at Mauritius is not as difficult or painstaking as some would think. There are certain requirements along with guidelines that a student has to follow to secure a seat. Simple!
Let us look at the eligibility criteria in a tabular format-
| Age Requirement
|| Minimum age- 17 Years
| Entrance Exam from India
|| No entrance test required in India
| NEET Qualification
|| Students must be NEET-UG qualified. NEET result is
valid for a period of 3 years for MBBS abroad.
| Qualifying Marks from Class 12th
|| 60% in aggregate in class 12th
| Required Subjects in Class 12th
|| Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English
| Entrance Test in Mauritius
|| Both colleges select the students on merit basis from their class 12th results.
No entrance test required. There is an interview for SSR Medical College.
Now, both of the colleges have their own unique selection procedures and requirement of documents, so we shall study each of the college one-by-one and then see –
- Documents Required
- Admission Process
- Fee Structure
Application Eligibility and Document Required for study in Mauritius
The following documents are to be carried before taking admission to Mauritius Medical Colleges.
- Passport (Minimum 12 month validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- Passport size Photographs
- The official invitation letter from the Medical University of Mauritius.
- All the documents with authorization from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- All the Documents with legalization from the Mauritius Embassy.
- Visa and Application fees
- The bank receipt of the 1st year Tuition fee of the University.
The Admission procedure for studying MBBS in Mauritius is very simple, basic, and direct. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection. Please do follow the steps given below:
- Fill the application form of the desired institute with all the correct details.
- An offer letter will be given and preserve it for future use.
- Pay the expense for the enrolment at University/College.
- Apply for the visa, after the payment is done to your required medical college in Mauritius.
- Get a Visa for studying MBBS in Mauritius.
- Finally, book a flight to Mauritius and the process gets over.
List of top MCI approved Medical Private & Public Universities for MBBS in Mauritius
SSR Medical College, Mauritius
Anna Medical College, Mauritius
- Medium of Instruction is English
- Affordable Tuition Fee
- Low cost of Living
- No Entrance Exam
- Indian Food Available
- Scholarship provided on Merit basis
- Advance Academic Curriculum
- Students are highly Safe and Secure
- Global Job Opportunities
- Guidance for MCI Screening Test
- Internship in student’s home country or abroad
- Admission in the Top Ranked Universities
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING MBBS IN MAURITIUS
- There is no donation or capitation received for admission.
- The admission process of medical Universities is very quick.
- The fee structure is affordable for the medical course.
- The Medical Universities of Mauritius provides recognized degrees worldwide.
- Most of the Universities offer Indian foods.
- Medical universities follow the MCI pattern of the syllabus.
- The medical colleges have experienced Indian faculty members.
- The country ensures complete safety and security for the students.
- The climatic condition is suitable for all the students and it is a pollution-free environment.
- The culture and other practices are sane as that of India.