MBBS in South Korea is best suited for cost-conscious students. Those who aim to become doctors with proper and excellent skills can do their MBBS in medical degree in the South Korea. The main ambition of the nation is to provide education to the students.
The most important education seems to be the MBBS study given to all the students from various countries. The students who study MBBS in South Korea are working all over the globe as renowned doctors. So, MBBS in South Korea enhances medical education and result in success by producing more doctors.
MBBS in South Korea is an excellent destination for students from all over the world. It is one of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development(OECD) countries which has the world’s highest educated labor among other countries. This makes ‘South Korea’ to be called as “education fever”.
The first foremost thing to be seen is the affordable cost offered by the Universities in South Korea, MBBS in South Korea offers high-quality education with well-equipped latest technologies.
There are faculties with years of experience teaching the students with an appropriate teacher-student ratio. This makes the students learn with advanced techniques and update themselves in their medical subjects.
The medical universities practice English as a medium of instruction which helps the students get their MBBS in South Korea in an easier way. The teaching ratio is appropriate so that the students get clarify their doubts then and there without hesitation.
The entire surrounding in South Korea offers a safe environment for the students. So, MBBS in South Korea evolves excellent medical professionals and doctors who work all over the world with recognition.
The duration of the MBBS program in South Korea is about 6 years. The duration is allotted in such a way of giving undergraduate education in the first 2 years followed with pre-clinical studies in the 3rd and 4th year and the final 2 years is for the practical training referred to be the clinical studies. The students get good clinical and non-clinical exposure when they do MBBS in South Korea.
FIELDS OF MEDICINE
Medicine is multidisciplinary and covers a wide range of fields. Students must know all the fields but will be allowed to later specialize in one particular field. The following is an inexhaustive list of examples:
|Anesthesiology||Total care of the patient before, during, and after surgery. This involves the patient’s pain management, resuscitation, and intensive care.|
|Cardiology||Deals with disorders and abnormalities of the heart and circulatory system.|
|Emergency Medicine||Cares for patients with illnesses or injuries that required immediate medical attention to prevent death or permanent disabilities.|
|Neurology||Deals with disorders that affect the brain, spinal cord, and nerves.|
|Obstetrics & Gynecology||Cares for the health of the female reproductive organs and the management of pregnancy.|
|Orthopedics||Correction of impairments of the skeletal system which includes the spinal structures, muscles, and ligaments.|
|Pathology||The causes and effects of diseases including laboratory examination, diagnosis, and forensic.|
|Pediatrics||The medical care of infants, children, and adolescents.|
|Psychiatry||Deals with the disorders of the mind, emotion, and behavior.|
|Surgery||The use of instrumental techniques to investigate and treat diseases and injuries, and repair bodily functions from damage.|
Tuition Fee of MBBS in South Korea
The total cost spent on the medical program is very less when compared with other countries. It costs $5128 per semester and the cost of accommodation is from $1600-2000 per year. The medical program is offered with all the facilities and best suited for all the students.
Most of the medical universities in South Korea are accredited and recognized by the following organizations:
|1st Year Subjects||2nd Year Subjects||3rd Year Subjects||4th Year Subjects||5th Year Subjects|
|Basic Mechanisms Of Diseases||Epidemiology And Biostatistics||Medicine Posting||Medicine Posting||Medicine Posting|
|Genetics, Immunology And Molecular Medicine||Gastro-Intestinal System And Nutrition||Surgery Posting||Surgery Posting||Surgery Posting|
|Cardiovascular System||Musculoskeletal System||Obstetrics & Gynaecology Posting||Primary Care Posting||Obstetrics And Gynaecology Posting|
|Haematology System||Urinary System||Paediatrics Posting||Orthopaedics Posting||Paediatrics Posting|
|Respiratory System||Nervous System||Primary Care Medicine Posting||Psychiatry Posting||Orthopaedics Posting|
|Reproductive System||Dermatology Posting||Anaesthesia, Emergency Medicine, Critical And Palliative Care Medicine||Psychiatry Posting|
|Endocrine And Metabolism||Community Health Posting||Ophthalmolgy, And Otorhinolaryngology|
What are the entry requirements for MBBS in South Korea?
International Baccalaureate (IB): 30 points with a minimum of 2 Science subjects/ Mathematics at Higher Level (HL) & 1 Science subject at Standard Level (SL) & minimum score of 4 each in Biology & Chemistry & Physics/Mathematics
Indian Pre-University: Average of 70% in any 3 subjects (Biology & Chemistry & & Physics/Mathematics)
STPM/A-Levels: Grades BBB, ABC or AAC in 3 subjects (Biology & Chemistry & Physics/Mathematics)
English Proficiency (Minimum): Band 4 in MUET (Local Candidates)/Band 6 in IELTS/550 in TOEFL (International Candidates)
Application Process and Document Required for South Korea
The following documents are to be carried before taking admission to South Korean Medical Colleges.
- Passport (Minimum 12 month validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- Passport size Photographs
- The official invitation letter from the Medical University of South Korea.
- All the documents with authorization from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- All the Documents with legalization from the South Korea Embassy.
- Visa and Application fees
- The bank receipt of the 1st year Tuition fee of the University.
The Admission procedure for studying MBBS in South Korea is very simple, basic, and direct. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection. Please do follow the steps given below:
- Fill the application form of the desired institute with all the correct details.
- An offer letter will be given and preserve it for future use.
- Pay the expense for the enrolment at University/College.
- Apply for the visa, after the payment is done to your required medical college in South Korea.
- Get a Visa for studying MBBS in South Korea.
- Finally, book a flight to South Korea and the process gets over.
Benefits of Study Abroad MBBS in South Korea?
- Medium of Instruction is English
- Affordable Tuition Fee
- Low cost of Living
- No Entrance Exam
- Indian Food Available
- Scholarship provided on Merit basis
- Advance Academic Curriculum
- Students are highly Safe and Secure
- Global Job Opportunities
- Guidance for MCI Screening Test
- Internship in student’s home country or abroad
- Admission in the Top Ranked Universities
- The cost of the medical program is affordable in South Korea.
- The cost of living is also less when compared to other countries
- The climatic condition is milder and so it suits all the people.
- The medical colleges offer high quality of education with advanced technology.
- The medical colleges follow immersive culture to provide an interesting atmosphere all around the country.
- The students who study here acquire global skills at the International standard.
- Safety is preserved throughout the country and the students feel a peaceful environment all over.
- The medical colleges provide a scholarship for the students for their further development.
- MBBS in South Korea has become the ideal destination for the students coming from all countries.